Swift Spaces articles shed light on how people use Swiftspace products to solve problems and transform their workspaces. Today, we’re checking in at The Working Centre in downtown Kitchener.
Swiftspace at The Working Centre’s new collaborative space
The Working Centre, a not-for-profit instrument of self-help community development, is all about creating opportunity and seeing possibility, so it shouldn’t have surprised us when they saw new and transformative ways to harness Swiftspace’s potential.
They approached us in spring 2016, looking to furnish a collaborative workspace for their new Youth Entrepreneurship Program. Our CEO, Rob Way, stopped by to see how it all came together.
They sculpted their space using 3 Double FORESIGHTS and one SHAPE. By folding down one of the FORESIGHT surfaces, they created room to roll in the SHAPE, providing an ergonomic height-adjustable station. Mounting a transaction top and closing half of another FORESIGHT transformed our benching system into a two-tiered desk with seated- and standing-height worksurfaces.
Down the hall, a long, narrow room has been converted to an adaptable co-working space. Work-from-home professionals or groups who need temporary office space can reconfigure the Double FORESIGHTS here to design their own personal workstation, team centre, or meeting space.
The Foresights in The Working Centre’s co-working space can be easily reconfigured, transforming the room into a multi-purpose space.
When we asked Nathan Stretch, of The Working Centre, what he thought of the new office, here’s what he had to say:
- The furniture is versatile. We are able to use a combination of desks and accessories to create a unique workspace that accommodates a variety of users and user preferences (standing, sitting, more or less privacy, supervisory) – and it works in our space.
- People want to come and use the space despite the non-traditional working set-up.
- It’s built to last – combining high quality materials and hardware with innovative design elements without sacrificing look and feel.
- The furniture encourages clean lines and facilitates cord management in a way that allows you to maintain modern design elements even while hosting creative use. This is hard to do. Creative space is usually cluttered space, but the lines of the furniture cut through and the design is never truly obscured.
- It’s a pleasure to work with – how often can you say that about office furniture! The furniture doesn’t fight you, doesn’t fall apart, doesn’t resist transition and change, and has a wider scope of possibility than most desks.
Thanks, Nathan! We’re happy to hear how Swiftspace is working for you!